At The Cider Farm we decided in 2003 to graft and organically grow true cider apples to produce the best quality ciders and apple brandy. True cider apples have tannins or acids, if not both, like a wine grape has. Tannins give mouthfeel and complexity to the cider like a wine grape does for wine. Clearly, buying or growing table apples would have been a quicker, simpler path to producing our products, but we are seeking the best ingredients. We make our ciders worth the time invested in them! We offer “cider refreshment with wine complexity!” Read about each of our ciders and where to find them.
Where Can I Find The Cider Farm Cider?
You can now enjoy our ciders in 500 ml bottles and rotating in draft lines in more and more locations in Wisconsin and Illinois. Join us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, BeerMenus, Untappd and join our mailing list to learn where and when to find them as well as in-store tastings and event samplings.
LEARN MORE ABOUT WHERE TO FIND OUR APPLE BRANDY
Locate Our Ciders in Bottles
Locate Our Ciders On Rotation
Find our Ciders rotating on draft lines in and near Madison, Wisconsin at:
- Brasserie V
- Free House Pub in Middleton, WI
- Heritage Tavern
- Natt Spil
- The Old Fashioned
- Popolo Pizzeria in Mineral Point, WI
- RED (Sushi)
- The Craftsman Table and Tap in Middleton, WI
- World of Beers in Middleton, WI
North of Eau Claire, find our Oak-Aged rotating on draft lines at Farm Table Restaurant in Amery, WI.
Find our bottled Ciders in and near Madison, Wisconsin at:
- Baraboo Liquor Store
- Brennan’s Cellars
- Campo di Bella near Mount Horeb
- City View Liquor
- Cork ‘n Bottle
- Esperanza Wine Bar in Mineral Point, WI
- Hy-Vee on Whitney Way
- Hy-Vee on E. Washington
- Hy-Vee Fitchburg
- Jenifer St. Market
- Spring Green General Store in Spring Green
- Star Liquor
- All three Steve’s Liquor locations
- The Local Beer & Spirits in Platteville
- Tequila Point in Mineral Point
- Trixie’s Liquor
- Underground Butcher
- Whole Foods Market
- Willy Street Co-op North and West and East!
- Woodman’s West
In the Northwoods of Wisconsin, look for the full selection of our bottled ciders available at Snow’s Family Market in Mercer, WI.
Milwaukee and Nearby
Find our Ciders rotating on draft lines near Milwaukee, Wisconsin at:
- Cleveland Pub & Grill in New Berlin, WI
- Lost Valley Cider Company
- My Sugar Maple
- 8th Street Ale House in Sheboygan, WI
Find our bottled Ciders near Milwaukee, Wisconsin at:
- Aman’s Beer+Wine in Wind Lake, WI
- Bavette La Boucherie
- Consumer Beverage in Hales Corners, WI
- Discount Liquor
- Jeff’s Spirits On Main in West Bend, WI
- Lazy Susan in Bay View, WI
- Mars Cheese Castle in Kenosha, WI
- Total Wine & More in Brookfield, WI
- Whole Foods Market Milwaukee
- Whole Foods Market-Wauwatosa
- Woodman’s in Kenosha, WI
- Woodman’s in Menomonee Falls, WI
- Woodman’s Oak Creek, WI
- Woodman’s in Waukesha in West Bend, WI
Find our Ciders available in bottles and rotating on draft lines around Chicagoland at:
- Joe’s Wine Cellar
- Lula Cafe
- Pub Royale
- The Northman
- Webster’s Wine Bar
- Multiple Chicagoland Whole Foods Markets locations (South Loop, Lincoln Park, West Loop and Willowbrook)
If you visit Farmhouse Taverns in Chicago or Evanston, and Farm Bar in Chicago’s Lakeview neighborhood (West Wellington Ave.), and ask for the Farmhouse Ciders and Cyser, you are drinking ciders we make with and for them exclusively.
About Our Ciders
All apples in our five ciders are certified organic.
- Our Classic Dry Cider includes a blend of five English cider apples, all known for their tannin profiles. These tannic apples give the cider complexity and mouthfeel unlike any table apple. These apples are Major, Kingston Black, Somerset Redstreak, Chisel Jersey and Dabinett. The base apple is Liberty, a tart apple developed by Cornell University, that gives the cider the acids and sugars needed to blend with the tannins. 6.3% Alcohol by Volume (ABV)
- Tremlett’s is a blend of Tremlett’s Bitter– an English cider apple that lives up to its name!– with the tart and aromatic Priscilla apple. Cider connoisseurs immediately recognize that this is special. It is also our most limited release. 6% ABV
- Our Oak-Aged Cider was aged for 2 months in medium-toast American oak and untoasted French oak, with 20% of the cider aged in our Apple Brandy barrel from our 2015 Brandy release. 5.4% ABV
- Equinox is our hopped cider, named for the Equinox hops we chose to give this cider herbaceous and lightly citrus aromas, that push the cider in the direction of a Sauvignon Blanc. Indeed, cider refreshment with wine complexity! 5.9% ABV
- Haralson Dry is named after the Haralson apple, a 100-year old Minnesota apple, organically grown by our friends Harry and Jackie Hoch just over the river in La Crescent, Minnesota. The Haralson apple is joined by Honey Gold and Regent apples and added tannins. 5.4% ABV
- Cyser – We fermented tart apple juice with honey from our farm and neighboring Brown Dog Farm. Honey requires months to mellow the naturally bitter flavors resulting from its fermentation, and we give it the time it needs. Our cyser is off-dry and is 8.75% ABV (keg) and 9.2% ABV in bottle.
Ask For It!
Please ask for The Cider Farm ciders when you are in restaurants and fine taverns. They listen!